Singapore Changi Airport has been named as the World’s Best Airport by air travellers for the sixth consecutive year at the 2018 Skytrax World Airport Awards, held at Passenger Terminal EXPO in Stockholm, Sweden.
The World’s Top 10 Airports:
- Changi Airport – Singapore.
- Incheon Airport – Seoul – South Korea.
- Haneda Airport – Tokyo – Japan
- Hong Kong Airport – Hong Kong.
- Hamad Airport – Doha – Qatar.
- Munich Airport – Germany.
- Chubu Centrair – Nagoya – Japan.
- Heathrow Airport – London – England.
- Zurich Airport – Switzerland.
- Frankfurt Airport – Germany
Best Airports by Passenger numbers
- Best Airport 50 million+ passengers: Changi Singapore
- Best Airport 40-50 million passengers: Munich Germany
- Best Airport 30-40 million passengers: Hamad Doha Qatar
- Best Airport 20-30 million passengers: Zurich Switzerland
- Best Airport 10-20 million passengers: Chubu Centrair Nagoya Japan
- Best Airport 5-10 million passengers: Durban South Africa
- Best Airport under 5 million passengers: Heathrow London City England
About the Skytrax World Airport Awards:
The Skytrax World Airport Awards are voted for by air travelers in the largest, annual global airport customer satisfaction survey. The survey is operated as an independent study, with no entry fees or charges to any airport, and the Awards ceremony is also provided to winning airports at no cost. The use of award logos and related information is free of any charge.
The 2018 Awards are based on 13.73 million airport survey questionnaires completed by over 100 different nationalities of airline customers during the survey period. The survey operated from August 2017 to February 2018, covering 550 airports worldwide and evaluating traveler experiences across different airport service and product key performance indicators – from check-in, arrivals, transfers, shopping, security and immigration through to departure at the gate. The Survey was available in English, Spanish and Chinese language options.